Friday, May 10, 2013

I love you with a cherry on top!

Mother's Day is just around the corner! Yesterday we worked on two cute crafts to remind our loved ones how much we care. Our first project was to create an ice cream scoop card. I let the middle table up like an ice cream bar.


Our ice cream bar was complete with cones, poems, 7 favors, many adjective toppings to describe our moms, and a cherry on top. I had a few grandmother and unt toppings too!

They walked through the line and built their cones all by themselves!


They turned out super cute.
 

I Love You To Pieces!

Next, we made our mothers puzzles. We started off by taking a picture holding a sign that read "I love you to pieces!" Since we don't have a color printer at school, the kinder klowns colored their pictures in. It gave them quite an artistic look.

Then, we glued them to Manila paper and wrote a message on the back.. This put an even more personal touch on the project and gave the moms two puzzles in one!!!



 
This little artist did a beautiful job with hers.


 Here is an example of what one student created on the back of their puzzle.
 


Last, they cut up their puzzles and practiced putting them together (just in case their moms needed help at home).



 I hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day weekend. Hopefully the weather will get a little nicer and everyone will be able to get outside and enjoy it. I will be celebrating my sister's baby shower in New Jersey! 

 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...