Monday, March 7, 2016

Special Delivery From Africa


Ummmm what?!!? Yes you heard me right! We just got packages from Africa. 

As many of you know I have been applying for a grant to go to Africa and study the animals, culture, and nature in a few african countries. Hopefully I will be camping in a tent for 40+ days in. In an effort to get my students ready I have had some special deliveries arrive in our room.

P.S. Special thanks to http://lilysarahgrace.org/ for donating what is inside!

Update: The students have been opening the delivery and guessing what is inside. Their faces were priceless as these animals emerged. Through the next few weeks the students will be reading along side the animals and learning all about them. This is an initiative I have created to get students more interested in reading and writing while keeping it fun and engaging. Needless to say it was very successful. By the end of the project students had created their own writing, illustrated it, recorded it in a QR code, and published it into a book!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...