Monday, October 20, 2014

Kindergarten Blogging: Can it be done?

I am currently enrolled in a few Grad School classes. One of them discussing the web and how we incorporate it in our classrooms to enrich our student's lives.

Recently we have been discussing blogging. Not from the teacher but from the students themselves. Obviously being a Kindergarten teacher I can not let my children lose in the same way that a High School English class can. We are just learning how to construct basic sentences and learning three letter words! However while doing some research I came across this article davisonkindergarten.blogspot.com/p/blogging.html that talks about blogging with Kindergarteners.

It has inspired me to try some new innovative things with our class. Mrs. Davison has successful worked with her students to not only introduce technology and blogging to her class but done so in a way that promotes reading skills and makes children proud of their work. 

Over the next couple of weeks our classroom blog will finally be up and running. Assignments, News, and Updates will start to be posted at least once a week. However, all of these things used to be posted solely by me, the teacher. After some research I have decided that we will be doing this as a class!

I am very excited to introduce your children to more computer use while strengthening Reading skills. Keep an eye out for more educational posts, information on our blogging project, and other classroom information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...